JMS Travel offers protection to their customers in a number of different ways.
- ATOL Protection
- ABTA Protection
- Travel insurance
ATOL stands for Air Travel Organiser’s Licence and is a UK financial protection scheme run by the Civil Aviation Authority in UK. The ATOL scheme protects most air package holidays sold by travel businesses that are based in the UK. The scheme also applies to some flight bookings, usually those where you book flights (including UK domestic flights) but do not receive your tickets immediately.
Depending on your travel requirements some or all of your journey elements will be provided by organisations who are able to issue an ATOL certificate. We will explain to you which parts of your itinerary are covered by an ATOL certificate and any limitations to that cover. There are three standard types of ATOL certificates listed below.
- Package Single Contract with a Single Contract Certificate
- Package Multi Contract with a Multi Contract Certificate
- ATOL protected Flight Only
We will explain to you how your ATOL certificates are issued, by whom and what protection is offered.
For more information on the ATOL scheme visit the CAA website here https://www.caa.co.uk/ATOL-protection/Consumers/About-ATOL/
ABTA is the Association of British Travel Agents. You can find the website here https://www.abta.com/ . The ABTA protection comes from a travel agent’s choice to be a member of the Association of British Travel Agents and to be bound by the rules of that association.
ABTA can help you with the following items.
- Advice on whether a Member is acting in line with their terms and conditions and the ABTA Code of Conduct.
- If you have not yet travelled, ABTA can provide valuable advice and assistance.
- Provide information on any current foreign office advice.
- Provide advice and guidance on how to resolve a dispute with an ABTA member.
- ABTA can only deal with complaints submitted in English
The protection offered by ATOL and ABTA does not cover all the possible elements that you might want to protect when travelling. The following list gives you some idea of the things you might want to insure against. JMS Travel can provide advice on and organise travel insurance for all the following insurable incidents.
- Emergency medical treatment
- Confinement in a public hospital
- Emergency medical repatriation
- Political/Natural Disaster evacuation
- Death or injury following an accident
- Permanent total disablement
By special arrangement JMS Travel can also cover the following items.
- Enhanced Personal Accident
- Non-Medical Travel Coverages like baggage
- Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Disruption Coverages
JMS Travel works with a range of specialist travel and health insurers to get the right appropriate.